Hotel California in Punakha

Tea Break
I only heard of it like a story from a far off place, though I am into teaching for five years now, that it's such a fun at the winter correction camp in Punakha High School. They say it's like hotel California- "You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave."
I am in Punakha School as well but on a different mission. I am training teachers of Punakha and Gasa under Chigphen Rigphel Project. And this is the closest I ever came to the place from where my fate was decided years ago, from where fates of thousands were decided every year, and from where fates of many teachers are changed year after year- yes teachers make big money here, I only heard of it like a story you know.

What Makes it Hotel California?

1. All your lost friends suddenly reemerge from their isolation and it becomes the best vacation down the memory lane.
  2. Meeting old friends helps you forget your age, and this is exactly what happens in Punakha. Weeks in Punakha helps you fight aging and wrinkles better than Ponds Age Miracle.
  3. The amount of money you make and the relationship you build here in the camp makes you feel like you belong to the place forever. Therefore most of the teachers in the camp are almost permanent staff, having booked their place for eternity, which so much connects with hotel California's closing line: "but you can never leave."
One Teacher One Car
Over hundred teachers gathered here to check class ten papers, and I am surprised to see so many familiar faces. They were surprised to see me as well- a new face among them in Punakha, but I confirmed them that I wasn't with them.

+ READER COMMENT + 8 READER COMMENT

1/21/2012 2:18 pm

Nice job done PaSsu.

1/24/2012 10:47 pm

The correction Camp in Punakha must be a stressful time, PaSsu. Atleast in India it can be quite tedious and tiring.

1/26/2012 3:31 am

PaSsu,
Coming from the US the term correction school has connotations of jail and incarceration! In the Us the prison industry (yes, industry) is called the "Department of Corrections, so it sounds like the kids are in jail! Is the school for kids' who's marks were not so good and to to repeat classes? Or is it correcting tests? What kind of tests? what is the Chigphen Rigphel Project?
Thanks for you great blog!
Brian

1/28/2012 11:11 pm

lol Brian, Correction Camp here refers to center where teachers gather to assess the answer scripts from Board Examination.
Chigphen Rigphel is a Project which aims at training every teacher and student in use of Computer technology.

Thank you for liking my blog!

1/28/2012 11:20 pm

I have never been there actually, I don't really know how it feels like. But I can assume the pain considering my experience with home exam papers.

1/28/2012 11:21 pm

What Nice job?

8/17/2013 8:22 pm

it is the decision of the students future...hope that all the teachers corrects the papers without any stress and hesitation....